Monday, June 11, 2007
My Blogging Story
I started my blogging Journey on Febuary 8th, 2007. The name Monkey Kisses is because I am a mom to two boys and they are both my little Monkey's. Thanks for letting me share my Blogging Story and this is an awesome Carnival which you can go check out more of and share your own over at Chili's - Don't Try This at Home and Link Up!!!!!!
- How did you start blogging? My friend Trista over at The Pumkin Patch kept sending me links to her blog, and I had never really dabbled in even reading blogs until her's, and I sat back and thought of all the great benefits that having a blog gives. A place where I can sit back and write about whatever I want, store specific pictures which are special to me, certain products or recipes which I love, and participate in things with other adult's which I do not get to do often. When I realized the possibilities I thought it would be great to start a blog, and so I did.
- Did you intend to be a blog w/a following? If so, how did you go about it? I did not intend it for that, but I would love a following, I would hope that things I write about other people can relate to, but I started out just doing it for me and my own selfish reasons. I however have joined a few groups in which to promote my blog, but I find that establishing blogging relationships leads to a following.
- What do you hope to achieve or accomplish with your blog? Have you been successful? If not, do you have a plan to achieve those goals? I did accomplish my first goals in which I had set out for my blog which wasnt anything big. I have raised up those goals now to a higher ground. I would love to find a way to bring in a small income to our home by doing what I am doing. I also would love to share stories and mommy tales and whatever else that may help other's out in some way. I love to help other moms out and seeing how much I have been helped by other mommy bloggers it is awesome!!!
- Has the focus of your blog changed since you started blogging? How? A little. At first it was to just do it for myself. I was consumed by my children and do not really have an adult outlet and this was my way of staying an adult and not actually becoming one of my children. Now that I have established my blog a little I want to take the journey further, and probably grow as I go.
- What do you know now that you wish you'd known when you started? Hmmm.. There are still a lot of things I would love to know!!!!! For instance HTML.. :-) I also would have been glad to know that you can build relationships!!!!
- Do you make money with your blog? Not yet, but I do hope to.. I love promoting awesome products and since I have started I have been doing it for free, at first not even thinking there were possibilities of it making money.
- Does your immediate or extended family know about your blog? If so, do they read it? If not, why? Some do, The link is attached to my email signature so anyone is welcome to go look at it whenever they want. Do they??? I have not heard much.. A very select few do let me know that they have read it.
- What two pieces of advice would you give to a new blogger? To start out with small goals and work your way up!!!! Most of all HAVE FUN WITH IT!!! BECAUSE IT IS GREAT FUN!!!!