The above picture was taken from the porch where the new deck will be starting. The deck will go out from here, then up a foot or 2 to the upper deck that will connect to the pool. The upper deck will be a seperate deck that the children can not get on without an adult's help... Wheeewwww. The below picture is with the pool up and is taken from the second story of our house. We are so excited to have a pool because with two children lugging our stuff all over the place every day to go swimming was not going to be fun. Now we can enjoy the water whenever we want!!!
More importantly we are going to have a deck. Something that we are going to cherish as a family. I love the outdoors as does my husband, so the more we can spend outdoors during nice weather the happier we will be!! I can not wait!! I am so excited.
So I just wanted to share our Family's spring project. We always wind up with some kind of projects, but this one is going to be awesome!!!
Come join me in Family Fridays.. Write about something You and your family have done together over the past week or plan on doing, whether it be watching a family friendly movie, a fabulous family recipe, a fun family recipe your child(ren) helped with, a fantastic family game, products your family thinks are far out, or just simply taking a family trip out and about. Whatever it may be we would love to hear about it!
Add your name to Mr. Linky & spread the word!!!
Labels: Family Fridays
On Fridays join me for Family Fridays for some Fantastic Family Fun. Write about something You and your family have done together over the past week or plan on doing, whether it be watching a family friendly movie, a fabulous family recipe, a fun family recipe your child(ren) helped with, a fantastic family game, products your family thinks are far out, or just simply taking a family trip out and about. Whatever it may be we would love to hear about it!
This is a fairly new carnival so please pass the word on to fellow friends and readers, and please feel free to use the button, so graciously created by Trista over at The Pumkin Patch.
If you would like to participate on Family Fridays come on by and add your name to Mr. Linky.
Labels: Family Fridays
This is so easy but I had to share anyway.. Yes this is a real plate of them at my house!! :-) My parents were to come over the other night and I quick had to make something really fast. So I made this..
You follow your normal brownie recipe, or the boxes recipe! When the brownies are done cooking you add
2 cups of mini marshmallows
1 cup of chocolate chips
then 5 gram crackers crumbled up
Place it back in the hot oven for only a few minutes.. watch marshmallow's, once they start browning remove brownies and cool... Cut and serve... Very yummy!!!!
But most importantly a very good fast and easy recipe most have on hand!
To add your own Tasty recipe or view other tried and true recipes please visit my friend Trista over at the Pumkin Patch
- Remove everything from your deck, or if this isn't possible move everything to one side
- Remove, or cover items below the deck you do not want to get covered in grime. Hose down deck to begin, mix a large pail of a mild detergent and warm water, or use
a specialized cleaner, found in the paint department of your local home center
- Start at the high point and scrub with a nylon brush, rinse before soap dries
- Rinse deck from underneath, then re-rinse the top one final time
- Do stairs last, and always start at the top and work down
- Clear patio as much as possible (ie chairs, BBQ, bikes, etc)
- Sweep to remove large debris, and prevent creation of a big mud puddle
Mix TSP with water in a bucket, or use a special formulated chemical safe for the environment
- Apply cleaner, and agitate with a stiff bristled brush
- Hose off, beginning at the high point. A pressure washer will provide a much more
dramatic difference in cleanliness. Use a high pressure 2,000 psi and up for best results
- Check that you have adequate drainage for the water you will be applying
On brick pavers, and exposed aggregate do not apply pressure in one spot for too long
Note: Consider sealing pavers and exposed aggregate to prevent damage and to ease cleaning
- Clean twice per year, in spring and in the fall before storage
- Use a mild detergent, or a specialty chemical safe for the environment
- Apply, and scrub with a scotch brite pad or nylon brush, and rinse
- Wash umbrellas with a mild detergent, dry thoroughly before storing
- Avoid using pressure washer on painted wood
- Protect unpainted wood with sealer, oil, polyurethane to lengthen life
- Use an automotive paste wax to protect plastic, metal, and painted metal
- Clean exterior with a mild soap, and hose off thoroughly. Re-paint if needed.
- Remove grill and clean with oven cleaner as detailed in article
- Remove gunk from the bottom of the BBQ, use pin to open all holes on burner element
- Check for spiders in venturi tubes, and test all gas connections with soapy water
- Replace Lava rocks with grease drips facing down
- Run BBQ for 45 minutes on HIGH to sanitize, and burn off any cleaning residue
- Only open propane tank half a turn for safety. This makes shutting off quick and easy.
This is a general spring backyard Checklist
Yard (taken from howtocleananything.com)
|O||Check fence line for damage and test posts for stability|
|O||Check for mildew and fungus. Is cleaning necessary?|
|O||Check stability of structures (patio's, gazebo's, jungle gym's, stairs)|
|O||Check retaining walls for movement and drainage|
|O||Pick up large branches and twigs|
|O||Sweep walks, driveways, and paths. Hose down if needed.|
|O||Check drive for antifreeze, oil, steering fluid, etc|
|O||Check seal on attic access hatch to prevent heat loss from house into attic|
|O||Pick up rocks, sticks, grass, and weeds|
|O||Add previous years compost and manure to garden, dig to mix in|
|O||Check closely for evidence of pests (insects, mice, etc)|
|O||Apply pesticides, if necessary. Investigate other means if possible.|
|O||Check all pesticides and fertilizers. If not required check for proper disposal|
Since January 1st I have lost 20 lbs on WW. The scale has recently stopped moving so good, and I want to get down at least another 20 lbs. This is not for vain reasons but more for being healthy for my children! Of coarse it's a plus to feel better about myself, and I am in a wedding the end of November, which I would like to look great!
I have many goals, I need to really start counting my points, writing down every single thing i put in my mouth. The biggest one is I really need to get on a regular exercise schedule! Wake up in the morning before the kids, hop on my exercise routine, shower and get ready for the day! I know that would help extremely and would keep me motivated, but I need to motivate myself for that. I want it to be a force of habit, not a pain in the butt.
Also when my husband works nights every 3 weeks or so, I get lonely when the kids go to bed.. Sometimes i will have a few too many snacks (i dont over do it, but i know none would be much better) Instead I would like to have a cup of tea to curb my cravings. I think that would help me greatly! These are some of my goals..
If you would like to join in on the weight loss challenge please visit Tales from the Scales or visit my weight loss tag for more information!
Labels: Weight Loss
Here are the rules as passed on - Each player starts with seven random facts about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about the seven things and the rules. You need to choose seven people to tag and list their names.
Don't forget to leave them a comment that they have been tagged and to read your blog!
1. I was adopted at the age of 5, but my parents had me from age 1 1/2 and my one brother Jeff was adopted with me is my real brother.
2. I have 2 extra ribs that most people, no not more than men, i know woman have one more set then men, but i have one more set than women. I was in a terrible car accident with my mom and had to have one side removed because it was pinching nerves and arteries in my neck and arms.
3. As in one of my blog's, I met my husband when I was 5 years old. He grew up next to me and when I was 12 I realized he was the one after one little wink from him. I spent many years chasing after him. We now have 2 beautiful children and have been married for 7 years but I still have frequent dreams that I am still currently chasing after him. (nightmares actually...)
4. My best friend from when i was 5 years old was my husband's sister. It is not up until recently that I realized she doesn't like me as a friend at all and she actually was never my friend at all.
5. I am a fish.. I could swim all the time.. I love the summer because I can endlessly spend my days in the sun and hit the water!
6. Ok now they are getting harder to come up with stuff.. Hmmmm..... I love animals, but I have something against cat's for some reason. I am not quite sure why, but I just am not a big fan of cats at all. I would rather have a smelly ferret than a cat (which I will not get a ferret, yuck, but the point)
AND THE BIG 7. Hmmm.... I am new to blogging, but I love it.. I do want to eventually find something (when I have time) to do at home. I can sew and may want to make something and sell it. I have many talents, but don't quite consider them all talents yet because they all need much much work.
My 7 fellow bloggers that I tag are.......
1. For the Love of Peas & Monkeys
2. I should be folding laundry
3. The FlipFlop Mamma
4. Partners In prayer for our Prodigals
5. Just Me and My Guys
6. Military Mommy
7. Lorie's Stitch in Time
Labels: Silly Stuff